Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Marauders


The old marauders on foot kit doesn't come with an option for great weapons. So I decided to clip off the flail head and an axe head from a hand weapon, and combine them to create a great axe. Initially, I was thinking the axe head would be too small, but after putting it together, it looks pretty good IMO :D. Plenty big for choppin' heads!

 This the Standard Bearer for the unit. The new Marauder Horsemen helmet heads look great on the Marauders on foot. I'm using a Horsemen Champion helmet option on this guy - I wanna use the "better" looking-heads on the command group and front rank, since they will be the ones that will last on the board the longest :).

I also wanted a different option for the SB's weapon arm. The kit has an arm holding a large dagger for the SB, but I want a more substantial weapon. So, looking through what other options are in the kit, I decided to convert a weapon arm. I clipped off the dagger pommel and blade, and sanded the areas down. Then I clipped off the hilt and blade from the Marauder Champion's sword and sanded down the clipped areas.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment