Thursday, December 11, 2008

WELCOME TO GHETTOHAMMER!!!



Sup Guys!

I started this blog as a place to keep track of WFB matches, but never ended up doing anything with it for a few years. My friend Novo and I used to be a part of a larger gaming group, with 6 players; I wanted to do a campaign and have battle reports up. Unfortunately life+laziness got in the way, lol. But, now that 8th ed is here, we are returning to the game and hopefully we'll be posting up more :).

I started playing WFB at the tail end of 6th, starting with (and still playing) Warriors of Chaos. Novo is the WFB vet, and has played various armies, but currently plays Dwarves. We've played quite a few games in 7th, but had a 2 year hiatus.

In case anyone is wondering what "Ghettohammer" is, it's an inside joke about how my army is always partially assembled (with liberal use of blue tack to keep arms on or blue painter's tape to hold stuff together) or using bases as proxy. Yes, blasphemy I know!

Part of the reason is that I am picky and don't know what weapons/arms I want to glue onto the models. Another reason is, that I want to make it easier to paint later on; I want to be able to get into those areas obscured by shield toting arms, etc. I am also considering buying those tiny magnets so I can make my army loadouts changeable, but man, is that a lot of work that I'm not feelin'!

Don't worry, I have plans to eventually have an army assembled! Novo on the other hand, is working on painting up his army, and so far, it's been looking great!

Anyhow, enjoy the blog!

1 comment: